Friday 24 October 2014

Easy Halloween Bat D.I.Y

Hey guys,

Today I thought that I was time for us to do an easy Halloween d.i.y because its getting very close to Halloween and I needed something to get me and hopefully all of you in the mood for some Halloween fun. So today I decided I wanted to make these cool Halloween treat bats, they can also be used as decorations too.

All you need is:

Toilet roll tube
Paper/ Card (preferably black)
Glue
Scissors
Colouring pens/pencils/ Paint ( you can choose which one you want)
Glue
Sticky tape

Step 1
Get your toilet roll tube and colour the outside black, you can paint it as well i just chose to colour as you don't have to wait for it to dry.

Step 2
Get a piece of paper/card and a large circular shaped object and draw around it to make two large circles.














Step 3
Then cut the circles out if you need help from an adult then make sure you do.














Step 4
Next fold the circles in half  glue both of the sides together then paint/colour your semi circles in.















Step 5
Get the two half circles and cut half circles out of the straight end of them and that should make your wings.















Step 6
Now we need to bend the top of the toilet paper tube in to the middle so that the bat looks like it has ears.














Step 7
Then put both the wings together and tape them to the back of your bat.















Step 8
Tape them onto the back of the toilet roll tube.















Step 9
Now its time to draw the face on the bat and your done.













If you want to make them into sweet holders then put the sweets inside of it and put some tissue underneath to stop the sweets from falling out. Also you could make a string of bats to hang up but hole punching the sides and putting sting through them.

I hope you like this D.I.Y i tried to make it simple so that everyone can have a go and not feel overwhelmed by how complicated they are. Also if you do recreate this then don't forget to tag me in a picture on instagram my links in the bar at the top of the blog.

xoxo Lucy

No comments:

Post a Comment