Monday 29 September 2014

University- Learning the ropes

Hey Guys,

I explained quite quickly on Friday that I had started university on Monday and I wanted to give not only you guys a sneak peek into what its like in your first week of university but also give myself something to look back on in the future and remember what fun I had on my first week of uni. I've decided to do a little series of posts maybe once or twice for the next few months about my life at university and also some cool and important things about uni so remember to check in on a Monday and Friday at 6 pm England time to see if there is a new post about university.

Saturday 20th September
Moving in, Meeting people and Making it feel like home

Today is the day I moved away to university and moved into halls again I started off my day by packing the car up and making sure that I have everything I need to take with me. Once I got to my halls I went to the reception where they gave me my key and card for my room and they were all very lovely. I then got all of my things from the car and took them to my room and started to unpack everything to make everything feel a little bit more like home. My uni room is pretty basic with a bed, desk, cork board, chair, shelves and an en suit so its important to make it as homely as you can. I then realised that there was no one else in the flat yet and I didn't have any kind of food to eat so had to go to asda to buy some. Once I got back one of my flat mates had moved in so I had a chat with him for a while and spent most of the day sorting out my room and getting to know the other two of my flat mates. It then got to around 9 o'clock and some people from the flat above invited us to a flat party so that was a good way to get to know some more of the people who are living around me.

Sunday 21st September
Getting to know people, Trying to cook and Buying a lamp

I've settled in now and I am starting to feel a little more comfortable with my flat mates as they are all very different but all seem very nice which is good. Today I decided to go see my sister for a few hours and do a little more shopping so that I can make my room feel more homely so I went to tesco and got myself a new lamp for my desk. Then I came back to the halls and tried to cook for the first time this year but it ended up being burnt so I just stuck with a ready meal. Later on we got invited up to the flat above again and this time tonight we decided to go out which wasn't a good idea considering I had uni at ten in the morning. But it was a very good night and i really enjoyed meeting all the new people and not getting home till 4 am.

Monday 22nd September
Starting uni, Going out and Feeling Hungover

Today I started the day off with a massive hangover I'm surprised I even managed to get up and ready in time for uni, I then met some of my friends from last year who were going to be on my course and we all walked to the uni. Its a new building this year so once we got there we were a bit confused about where to go but eventually found our way to a massive lecture theatre where we found out there were 190 people doing my course. They then gave us a talk about the next year and split us into 6 groups and thankfully I was put with my friends from my course last year. Once in our groups we were given lots of ice breaker tasks to do to get to know people which was good and that was about it for uni. Then I went back to my halls and went out again at night time.

Tuesday 23rd September
Enrolling, Peer Mentors and Feeling Sad

Today I went to uni and we had a 45 minute talk from some people who were in the year above us who are now our mentors about all the things surrounding our course and it was pretty boring as I already knew all of these things from doing the foundation course last year but I'm pretty sure that everyone else found it very useful for them. Then we had the chance to enrol into uni and we got our university card and our met card which had £20 free on it to use on anything from certain shops or the canteen. After that we got to go home and it seemed like a pretty pointless day.Once back to my halls i just felt sad and missed home a little bit so I decided that I was just too tired to go out so I stayed in.


Wednesday 24th September
Personal tutors, Freshers fair and Freshers flu

We started off our uni day again in a lecture theatre but this time for an hour and we had a talk about making a blog for university which I'm kind of looking forward to as I really do like this blog so making a university one should be fun. After that we all decided to go to the freshers fair where there were lots of freebies and societies to join and even free domino's pizza. I also discovered that I was getting freshers flu which is never fun this is the second year in a row which I have got it and so i just went back to asda to get some flu tablets and medicine to make me better. Then just got into bed and watched a load of youtube videos as i needed to catch up.

Thursday 25th September
Glass jars, Lectures and Seminars

Once again we were in a lecture theatre where this time i had a lecture for an hour and it was pretty interesting i'm not used to being in massive lecture theatres like that but it made me pretty excited about what was going to happen throughout the next year. Once we had our lecture we all split up into our little groups and had a seminar where we discussed the lecture and our general feelings of how we all felt the lecture went and for the other half of the seminar time did a fun task where we had to bring in a jar from home filled with things which represent childhood to us. I chose to put pictures of my family in it and sand to represent holidays i had with family when i was younger. Then i went out again with everyone bit i kinda wasn't feeling well or in the going out mood so i came back earlier with some other people.

Friday 26th September
Day off, Doing nothing and Free pizza

So today i woke up with the stamp from last nights club that was on my hand stamped twice on my face... guess i slept on my hand then, finally have a day off of uni thank god i am so happy about it, this week has been such a long week i feel i needed a good day or so to sort my room out, do some blog stuff and have a good sleep in. So i haven't really done much today i went to see my sister for a bit and then went shopping again for some food and things to make my room feel more like home.


I know this post probably isn't the most interesting thing in the world but i wanted to share my week with everyone on the internet and keep it for myself as a memory. Don't forget to come back on Wednesday for a sneak peak into what is going to be happening with my blog for the next month or so. I promise you it will be exciting.

Lucy xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment