Monday 15 September 2014

D.I.Y Summer Candle Jar

Hey guys,

I know that summer has probably ended for most of you already but I thought I'd do a summer jar D.I.Y to keep summer going for a little bit longer! I think this jar diy can still look pretty even when its not summer anymore. Its also super simple only six steps needed and even gives you help on how to get the lable off of jars!  All your going to need is...


๐Ÿ’‹ A Jar (any size) 
๐Ÿ’‹ Washing up liquid 
๐Ÿ’‹ Small candle 
๐Ÿ’‹Things to decorate your jar with 

If you would like to make it exactly like mine extra things you will need.. 
๐Ÿ’‹Sand 
๐Ÿ’‹Shells 
๐Ÿ’‹Tea light

Step number one- Get the jar and remove the lid and any contents if it has any.


Step number two - Fill a sink with water out of the hot tap and place the jar into the water. You may need an adult to help you with that bit because i dont want you to burn yourself!




Step number three- Leave the jar in the water for around three to five minutes and then the label should come off pretty easily. If it doesnt then keep the jar in the water for a few minutes longer.



Step number four- Put some washing up liquid on the jar and rub the inside and outside untill it feels like theres nothing sticky left on the jar you may need to use a scrubbie to get any tough glue off of the jar. 



Step number five- Rinse off the water and soap and make sure that all of the glue is off of the jar and that it doesn't smell like food anymore then dry the jar out.




Step number six- Add sand, then shells and a candle to the jar and light the candle! 
I also added a wooden summery looking box onto my bedside table at i thought they went well together. 


I hope you liked this quick D.I.Y if you have any questions dont hesitate to leave them down bellow and remember to tag me in any pictures if you recreate this @LucyHainsworthx on twitter and Loofahdoofah on instagram :) also i would love your feedback and ideas! 

Lucy xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment